Last week I setup a Robocity survey to see what my fans love and want to see next in Robocity and I posted it in a journal entry on DeviantART , as that’s the place where most of the Robocity fanbase resides. In the journal I added a survey welcome message and I explained that participating in the survey would help me understand Robocity better so that I can deliver better stories and maybe come up with some interesting goodie. ;)
Well, I was pleasantly surprise to see the first results after just a few hours from the journal posting. Thank you, guys and gals! ;)
Want to take up the survey or even just audit it? Head here. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes of your time!
My survey is meant to put YOU, the Robocity fan, at the center and to learn about your interests and what you would love to see in this website and in the Robocity World itself in the near future. This is important, because without my user base I can’t know what is more entertaining about Robocity and if my efforts are paying off.
So far, the Robocity survey has been taken by 14 fans, 10 of which have completed all the questions.
Here are the first results:
Top Places Where Robocity World Gets Found
- DeviantART.com (8 out of 10)
- The Robocity World Forum through a Google search (1 out of 10)
- In a chat with me (1 out of 10)
Who ever needs search engines? It’s DeviantART who gives me a fan base! ;)
Top 4 Reasons That Make People Into Robocity Fans
- Robocity is a beautiful Sci-Fi world with nice characters (3)
- The Tales were well-written and the artworks great (3)
- The concept is interesting (1)
- I found DeviantART through Robocity (1)
Two survey respondents did not provide specifics on the reasons that made them into Robocity fans, so their responses were not included here.
What Fans LOVE About Robocity!
- The Tales! (4)
- The artwork! (3)
- The concept/Transformers characters humanized (2)
- Not yet another Autobot VS. Decepticon saga (1)
- Children and emphasis on family and adoption (1)
- Cute and light-hearted (1)
- It a story that goes on no matter what people think or say (1)
Things Fans Would Like To See In Robocity
- New characters, artwork and Tales (3)
- How the Robocitans transform into their vehicle modes (1)
- An explanation of Robocity as a city and a map (1)
- Are there other places the Robocitians exist at? (1)
- The Robocity versions of characters like Rung, Tailgate, and others from More Than Meets The Eye (1)
- Robocitans whose alt-modes are a MINI and an Audi A1 (1)
- Tales of holidays where the Robocitans celebrate together (1)
- Tales about bonds between characters getting stronger (1)
One fan said she’d love to help out with the world of Robocity somehow. While I try to keep my world under control for obvious reasons (narration consistencies, keeping track of all characters and their evolution, etc.), I might open up “spots” for Fans’ characters in the near future, so by all means keep an eye out on that.) Robocity is Italian, but there are poor scrapped robots all around the world, so I’m working on the creation of new Robocities out there.
A decentralized Robocity? Why not. ;)
More about my plans for Robocity in a couple of days!
Hi Robocity fans! How was your summer? :) Mine was quiet but interesting, as I’ve been studying for a quiz, but among the other things, I have spent some time plotting new events for my Robocity, one of them being the coronation of Unicron Spacey‘s dream: to own his own Bar in Robocity!
The idea struck me while I was researching a similar topic for another blog and it sounded like a good idea to reconnect to old characters; so, starting this month you’re going to hear my Robocitans blog often about this Bar, the fund-raising, the Hotel Bar Supplies they’re buying, the construction and, in the end, Unicron’s happy thoughts about the final result.
That’s not going to be the end of the road, though. In TV shows like Star Trek: TNG or Star Trek: DS9, the bar plays an essential part in the socialization process of the characters within the fictional setting. Same concept for Robocity; my robots need more public places to hang out at and get to know each other better (so they can trigger even more interesting stories!)– what’s better than a bar? :)
For design inspiration, I’m using the Atlanta Hotel Supply website and other Hotel Supply Online stores. They have a lot of photos I can save for later reference, so I have time and focus to develop my own idea of a Robocity Bar that’s worth of Unicron’s delicious treats. ;P
Will keep you up to date!
Image credit: Christian Senger